Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy Anniversary. (almost) 11 years Married. Happy.

Just finished my little creative card thingy for Keith, my husband of nearly 11 years. Friday, the 23rd is the actual anniversary date. This Weekend we'll have a date, eat good food. We'll get to hang out just the two of us. I totally look forward to it.
old scanned photo. bad quality. here we are in 1996 though.
 I love this guy. We met in 1996, well, 1995 really, but more officially in 1996. He's my best friend. I adore his being. I hate when he is not around. The life we have is good, happy, loving

But, when anniversary time rolls around I always stress over what to write, make, or do. As I finished this year's card I was thinking it wasn't expressive enough. I can't ever get OUT what I want to SAY. I know it's cliche but you just can't put it into words. Or maybe it's just my lack of college degree. probably. I should read more.

really though, I want to give this man the universe. I really do. Stressing over a card and how I'll make it witty or creative and romantic is, well, not really worth all that much. Certainly not the universe. What I really need to do, what I must strive for as our years of marriage continue is being in the moment with this man more.

Less: "Shit, can you grab a pack of toilet paper?!?!" more: looking into his eyes. (I am literally sideways smiling about thinking about that right now)
I think this photo was on another blog post but I love it so here it is again.

Less: "Goddammit we have ANTS!" more: paying attention to the temperature & feel of the skin on his hand while we sit next to each other.
New Years Eve 2010.

Less: "I guess I am the only one that can fill a Brita pitcher in this house" more: thank yous, for the multitude of things he does for me, for us, for our family. 

Less: hurried smooches and quick "I love yous" in passing. More: hugs goodbye like the ones on super duper bad days, but on the days that are good too.
At Longwood Gardens, Last month.


I need to embrace this man's soul (wait that sounds creepy) AH crap, I need to be more in the moment with him. And that's what my 11th anniversary gift should be. Will be.

2 comments:

I Dig This Life said...

Sweet post! and congrats and happy anniversary!

Tamara Farrar said...

I'm coming up on 10 years, and you have inspired me. Thanks!