- It will have a lot less sodium than store bought
- You'll save money
- It has no preservatives yet most recipes you'll find won't need stored in the refrigerator
- You can cater the dressing to your liking
- You know exactly what's going into your dressing, omitting things like MSG.
- It saves on waste, those plastic/glass dressing bottles don't go into the trash/recycle bin.
- It will only take you 5 minutes. Shopping for a bottle in the store takes longer than making it yourself!
1 Tablespoon Cumin (I use McCormick I do believe this spice companies gives you great quality)
1 Tablespoon Honey
1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Using a funnel and a glass bottle (I used a discarded Red Wine Vinegar bottle or soy sauce bottle)
Funnel Cumin into bottle, followed by honey, Vinegar & oil. shake until honey is dissolved. Store at Room Temperature for several weeks. (maybe months, I have always used mine up faster than that) Shake well before using.