I chose to use a regular Big Cookie recipe I found and adjusted the recipe to 'veganize' it myself. It turned out perfect, so, I thought I'd share. This is for the time when you are like, "I need to make a huge cookie, ah CRAP! I have no eggs!" I mean that happens all the time right? so, here it is my friends:
Vegan Big Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 cup Earth Balance Buttery Sticks, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 12 oz bag Enjoy Life brand vegan Chocolate Chips
- cooking spray
- icing optional (I use Pillsbury classics they are vegan/allergen free)
- preheat oven 350 degrees. Spray 14" pizza pan with cooking spray
- in large bowl mix sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and buttery sticks until fluffy. Add apple sauce 1/4 cup at a time beat well.
- in seperate bowl mix flours, salt and baking soda with a fork
- gradually add flour mixture to wet mixture until smooth. stir in chips.
- spread dough into pizza pan evenly. bake 20-25 min. cut away uneven edges. Cool. Decorate as desired.